Small things with big meanings


Hello everyone, welcome back to my blog. Today I wanted to share my article that was published in the Sheffield Star, my local newspaper. I was very happy to see this in the newspaper as I spent a lot of time and effort into it. The article is all about how we should cherish the small things in life, especially the things with sentimental value. I interviewed two people to see what their special item is and I even included my own!


Throughout our lives, we all gain something that may not be valuable money wise, but the memories and sentimental value make them priceless. These days people think too much about the price rather than the memories and closeness of having something that means more than money. A precious item can just be about the memories and that your dearly cherish something so much you couldn't live without it. We all have something close to us with a little story and I have combined a few starting with my own precious item.



My precious item is a cuddly dog I was given when I was first born. This dog was given to me by my Granddad and it's something I was never without. Pictured above is an image of me as a baby with my beloved toy dog. Wherever I went the cuddly dog went, it comforted me when I was a baby. The reason why it is so sentimental and precious to me is that I have kept it through all the years and it has so many memories and seen me through my childhood.


(Natalie's special item)

Natalie aged 18, received a heart with her name and Nan on the back of the heart. Natalie told me she received this at her Nan's funeral and it's very sentimental to her. Natalie's Nan liked white roses, so at the funeral, they placed white roses on her coffin. They all took a heart, to resemble guests giving her the roses and her nan giving them the hearts in return.
Natalie said: "This will always be very precious to me as it's the last thing my nan gave to me."

Shannon aged 17, received a necklace and a bracelet when she was a newborn. These items are very sentimental to Shannon because her Grandma bought her them and she was very close to her. Shannon remembers the memories of her grandma with the bracelet and necklace. They became extremely sentimental to her when her Grandma sadly passed away.
Shannon said: "The necklace and bracelet bring back all the lovely memories I shared with my nan and for that, they will always be close to my heart."
The moral of the article is to treasure the items that aren't necessarily worth a fortune but the ones that hold memories and love. Those are the ones that are worth a fortune to you in your heart.

Thank you for reading and let me know what you think in the comments 
Until next time, 
Lauren x


No comments