CSS codes and tips for new bloggers


Hello, everyone! Welcome back to my blog. So, I have actually been blogging now for two whole years and I have gathered some tips that may help new bloggers. Blogging can be quite daunting, I didn't have a clue what anything meant at first. With that problem, all I can say is YouTube will most definitely be your best friend - there's a tutorial for every blogger dilemma out there. I used to really struggle with coding and all the technical jargon, but a bit of Googling and Youtube solved that. I slowly started to make little changes with my blog and making it my own; Instead of using a custom default template.  So I am going to share with you some top tips on design, getting your blog out there, etc.. 


1- Like I just said, If in doubt YouTube it. Watching a video can really help get your head around something. 

2- Design:
 When I started making slight changes to my blog, to make it more my own I started off changing the logo. Make it stand out and add a slogan or image that really sums up your blog. Today, my blog logo is very minimalistic but it really goes with my template. It's totally up to you, but changing your logo can make a whole lot of difference and really make your blog more personal.

3- CSS codes: 
I first started with simple CSS codes to make simple changes to my blog. You can edit this by clicking: blogger, template, customise, advanced then scroll to the bottom of the advanced section and you will see 'add CSS.' This is where you add your CSS codes. I have a few basics codes that may help you out! All you have to do is copy and paste these into the add CSS section, exactly as they are!

Remove default blogger image border 



.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container, .Profile img, .Image img,
.BlogList .item-thumbnail img {
  padding: none !important;
  border: none !important;
  background: none !important;
  -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important;
  -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important;
  box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important;
}

Centre your blog header

#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align:center !important;}



Centre your post and date titles 


.post-title {
text-align:center;
}



.date-header {
text-align:center;
}


I hope those CSS codes help you out! They really did me when I was starting out as they are errors a lot of newbies face and really make an impact on your overall designs neatness. 

4- Social media: 
This is very important when it comes to promoting your blog and increasing your followers. You have to consistent with your blog posts and social media accounts. When I have a new blog post I always advertise on Twitter, this allows other people to see and bring in potential new followers. I also tag blogger retweet accounts - these accounts retweet bloggers tweets so that they can be seen by more people. Also use a lot of popular hashtags that relate to your blog post, such as #bbloggers or #lbloggers (beauty bloggers and life bloggers). These are popular hashtags and are viewed by many.



5- photography:
 This is a very important skill; taking pride in your photos pulls in a wider audience as your posts look more appealing. Pictures are what readers look at first if it looks interesting they are more likely to want to read on. I am not the greatest when it comes to photography, but I have definitely progressed over my two years but that's what blogging is about - progressing and becoming better and better! 


6- Make sure you blog about the things you're truly passionate about! Don't just write about anything, as your readers will know from the way it's been written if you're not interested. Make sure you put effort into your posts and plan them. Do some research into popular posts, and take your own twist on things. Uniqueness is key in the blogging world! 

I hope these tips help any new bloggers If you have any tips, let me know in the comments 

Until next time,
Lauren 
x

















No comments